Butt-Changing Pilates Moves
Let’s face it. There’s nothing sexier than a firm and well-sculpted derrière. Just look at Beyonce and Jennifer Lopez. We show you how to achieve a beautiful behind with these Pilates moves.
Aesthetics aside, it’s important to strengthen your buttocks as they form part of your core muscles and you need a strong bum to keep your back healthy. Plus, your gluteal muscles are the biggest in your entire body so when you tone them, you’re actually gaining more calorie-burning muscle mass.
Here are the top 3 Pilates moves to bring sexy back:
This pose is a deep squat that sculpts not just your buttocks, but your hips and thighs as well.
1. Start by standing with your feet together, then bend your knees and sit back on an imaginary chair.
2. Lift your arms up beside your ears, then press your palms together. Engage your legs to support yourself in the pose. Don’t forget to keep abdominal muscles tight.
3. For maximum results, hold for 8 to 10 breaths, then repeat 3 to 5 times.
Upward Plank Pose
This pose is great for firming up the area where your buttocks and the top of thighs meet. Say goodbye to saddlebag thighs!
1. Start by sitting with your legs straight out in front of you and your hands about 10 inches behind you, with your fingers facing forward.
2. Activate Pelvic Floor and press firmly into your hands and feet to lift your body up. Engage your butts, hamstrings and the entire back of your body.
3. Ensure that shoulders are down and eye gaze forward, abs remain tight. For maximum results, hold for 8 to 10 breaths, then repeat twice.
Leg Kick Back
You will need an exercise band for this pose.
1. Start on all fours with the middle of the exercise band around your right instep, and hold the ends under your hands.
2. Lift your abdominal muscles. Keep your right knee bent, then extend your right hip so your thigh is parallel to the floor.
3. While maintaining the height of your knee, slowly kick your heel back so that the leg is straight. Bend your heel back toward your bum without allowing your knee fall.
4. For maximum results, repeat 8 to 10 times.